Do your body and the planet a favor by using alternative transportation!
Choose one Challenge.
Here are some examples to inspire you.
- Bike or walk for trips within 1 mile.Or step it up a notch, and take the 2 mile challenge and bike or walk you are going within a 2 mile radius.
- Use alternative transportation or carpool to get to work. (If it’s not feasible to do this every day, that’s ok! Start with one or two days per week during the EcoChallenge.)
- Minimize car trips by “chaining” together errands instead of making separate trips.
- Cut your car trip mileage by only taking essential car trips during the EcoChallenge.
- Try virtual meetings - instead of traveling for work set up video conferences.
- Use human powered transportation for the entire 15 days of the EcoChallenge.
- Purchase offsets for air travel.
- Examine the vehicles used by your company and advocate for fuel efficient vehicles.