Why Should I Take on the EcoChallenge?
All of us have actions we’ve been meaning to take. As the world seemingly spins faster by the year, it’s all-too-easy for that list to pile up on us. Above all, the EcoChallenge is a pathway toward our best, truest vision for ourselves.
Whether it’s a habit you’re wanting to shake or a new one you’ve always admired but haven’t yet adopted, the spark of excitement and connection you feel during the EcoChallenge represents a launchpad: by participating, you not only see what’s possible, but you also gain the renewed confidence to act on what’s most important to you.
IF you need more reason than that, then by all means, please continue reading:
- Challenge: The EcoChallenge is a chance to push yourself, adopt a new habit, reduce your impact, and challenge your teammates to work toward a sustainable future!
- Community: Registering for the EcoChallenge connects you to a growing community of folks who are making a difference. Connect with others who are taking on the EcoChallenge on this website, and through NWEI’s Facebook page.
- Inspiration: With so many ways to approach sustainability, it can be tough to know where to start. We provide you with tips and success stories in each EcoChallenge category (water, energy, transportation, food, civic engagement or trash) to help inspire you.
- Savings: There are many ways to save money by taking on the EcoChallenge. Reducing your energy consumption and water use will cut your monthly utility bills. Diverting waste to recycling and compost could allow you to reduce the frequency of your trash service! Pursuing alternative transportation is sure to save you money too.
- Accomplishment: Now is your chance to give a new habit a shot—you may find out that it’s easier than you imagined. We also encourage you to share your progress with your friends and family, or better yet, take the EcoChallenge together and celebrate your joint accomplishments!
- Fun: Many participants tell us their EcoChallenge led to surprising discoveries and unexpected benefits. The romance of an “un-plugged” dinner by candlelight. The smell of fresh bread wafting out of a neighbor’s kitchen during a bike commute. The thrill of finding a treasure at a secondhand store. What will you discover?
- Prizes: The EcoChallenge Raffle is better than ever this year! Collect points for participating in the EcoChallenge and win prizes!